The Accidental Pharisee

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Thankful Thursday

"In everything, give thanks."



At the encouragement of my friend, Tiffany, I am taking time to be thankful.


  • I am thankful that God's love is new every morning, that I can't wear it out by making mistakes--and then making the same stupid mistake again. And again.

  • I am thankful God's love is steadfast, that it isn't a wishy-washy "maybe he does, maybe he doesn't" kind of love.

  • I am thankful God's love is unconditional, even though I struggle to comprehend a love without a lot of if-thens attached to it.

And I am thankful for the simple things that really aren't so simple.


  • My seven-year-old's smile

  • Falling asleep in my husband's arms

  • Hearing my daughters' laughter as they sit up too late at night talking

  • Seeing my son embrace his wife

  • Friends who have my back and believe in my dreams as much as I do


Thankfulness. An antidote to phariseeism.


And thank you, Iris at Sting My Heart, for hosting Thankful Thursday.

Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home