The Accidental Pharisee

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Thankful Thursday #7



Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own. Listen for God's voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; he's the one who will keep you on track. Don't assume that you know it all.

Proverbs 3:5-6 The Message

There was a time in my life that I ignored the wisdom of Proverbs 3:5-6. I leaned so heavily on my own understanding that I fell right into doubting God.

Another less than shining moment in my life.

But here is the amazing thing: God loved me through my time of doubt. He forgave me my time of doubt. He restored me into a right relationship with him when I asked forgiveness for doubting him.

And for all of that amazing, lavish grace, I am thankful.

I am also thankful for my friends who keep me steady when I feel unsure--when my walk of faith feels a little shaky. God has blessed me with sisters in Christ who surround me with prayer, who point me back to him when I wander a bit off course, who remind me of what I believe in when I forget, who hold out hope when mine is fading ...

Faith, Pamela, Cheryl, Chris, Fran, Terri, Barbara, Susie, Margo, Gloria, Scoti, Tiffany, Tami, Beth2, Kristen, Sue, Jeanne, Melea, Francie . . .

Where would I be without these women? Leaning too often on my own understading!

I am thankful for the use of my daughter's laptop to post this blog. We're vacationing in Estes Park--a beyond beautiful spot in the Rocky Mountains. Another reason to be thankful!!

Iris over at Sting My Heart, the wonderful sponsor of Thankful Thursday, blogged about Proverbs 3:5-6. Interesting--because Andy Stanley taught on that same verse this past Sunday. Not leaning on my understanding, but realizing God knows better than me.

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

  • I really enjoyed this thankful post.

    By Blogger Denise, At July 16, 2008 at 11:11 PM  

  • thank God for His wisdom that guides us to the right path. God bless you, beth.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At July 17, 2008 at 12:11 AM  

  • A lovely thankful post!

    Remain blessed!

    By Blogger i, At July 17, 2008 at 12:51 AM  

  • God's grace is amazing!

    By Blogger A Stone Gatherer, At July 17, 2008 at 4:45 AM  

  • Great list! Your vacation sounds wonderful...one day :)

    By Blogger Dana, At July 17, 2008 at 5:36 AM  

  • I'm so guilty of trying to figure things out on my own. Thanks for your encouraging post. Have a blessed vacation!

    By Blogger Kristi, At July 17, 2008 at 7:54 AM  

  • God's grace just shines through you. Such a lovely post. Happy Thankful Thursday!

    By Blogger Laurie Ann, At July 17, 2008 at 9:39 AM  

  • I know what it's like to depend on my own understanding - I stil find myself on that road every once in a while. Which is why I am also grateful for amazing, lavish grace. Thanks for this post.

    Blessings,
    Sharon
    http://thereservoir.wordpress.com

    By Blogger Unknown, At July 17, 2008 at 10:07 AM  

  • beth,
    thank you for commenting on my blog and welcoming me to the thankful thursday crowd. i look forward to getting to know you better and perusing your blog.

    By Blogger gail, At July 17, 2008 at 3:46 PM  

  • Ohhhh Beth, I am SO happy you are up in thee Rockies.... please tell Colorado hello for me okay?! Just a little whooHoOo will do. ;) We love to go to Ouray, and even repeated our vows there on our 20th anniversary.
    Loved reading your thankful heart, and you know what?.... I LEARN ALOT FROM YOU! You have great insight and truly, what you wrote about your Godly girlfriends, I am guessing they probably feel very blessed to have you! PTL for sisterchicks!
    Have a restful, and refreshing vacation. I'll be "here," puttering around thee pottin shed. haa
    Lea
    <*)))><

    By Blogger Leaon Mary, At July 17, 2008 at 10:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home