The Accidental Pharisee

Monday, June 30, 2008

Ponder This

"Ponder this: If the Father is satisfied with His Son's full payment for sin, and we are in His son, by grace through faith, then He is satisfied with you and me."
~ The Grace Awakening, Charles R. Swindoll

If I believed that God was satisfied with me, I would be living my life differently.
Somehow, someway, somewhere along the way I decided that God was dissatisfied with me. I don't know if someone told me this--although I have a feeling a lot of someones told me this.
And I believed them.
And I also believed that I could never, ever in a million years satisfy God.
And you know what?
That's true. I never could satisfy God.
But isn't that why Jesus came and died on the cross? To satisfy the cost of my sins--and yours?
So, it's satisfied. God is satisfied.
And I don't have to satisfy him.
He is satisfied with me.
I just paused long enough to say those words out loud. The phonetics of those 6 words make it sound like one long exhale: He is satisfied with me.
Try it. Say those words out loud.
He is satisfied with me.
There's a feeling of release when I say those words.
If I will grasp the true meaning of those words such an overwhelming burden will be lifted off of me. Maybe I let someone else put it there at first. But I've allowed the burden of trying to please God to stay there.
No longer.
God is satisfied with me.

Just Thinking Out Loud: Radical thinking, this. An Accidental Pharisee has to shrug off all the shoulds and coulds and musts and realize that God is satisfied. I've heard it said many, many times: There is nothing I can do that will make God love me less. There is nothing I can do that will make God love me more.
Do I believe it?

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home