The Accidental Pharisee

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Thankful Thursday #3

" I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought; and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder. "
— G.K. Chesterton

Iris over at Sting My Heart, who hosts Thankful Thursdays, focused on Scripture verses she is thankful for. I so liked her idea, I decided to do the same. These are verses that you will find penned on the inside cover of my Bible . . . my life verses. My life preservers.

Psalm 51:6 Behold, You desire truth in the innermost being, And in the hidden part You will make me know wisdom. (NASB)

Psalm 62:11-12a One thing God has spoken, two things have I heard: that you, O God, are strong, and that you, O Lord, are loving . . . (NIV)

Isaiah 26:3 You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you. (NIV)

Proverb 26:2 Like a fluttering sparrow or a darting swallow, an undeserved curse does not come to rest. (NIV)

Psalm 115:1 Not to us, O LORD, not to us but to your name be the glory, because of your love and faithfulness. (NIV)

Philippians 1:6 For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus. (NASB)

Colossians 1:13 For He rescued us from the domain of darkness, and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son . . . (NASB)

2 Corinthians 12:9 And He has said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness " Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me.

And one last one:

"We throw open our doors to God and discover at the same moment that he has already thrown open his door to us. We find ourselves standing where we always hoped we might stand--in the wide open spaces of God's grace..." —Romans 5:2 The Message

Labels: ,

12 Comments:

  • Thanks for sharing these encouraging verses! Thank God for giving us His precious Words. Blessed TT!

    By Blogger Nancie, At June 12, 2008 at 12:24 AM  

  • Great verses. Thank you for sharing them.

    By Blogger Dana, At June 12, 2008 at 5:21 AM  

  • Wow, those are some of my very favorites too!

    Thanks for sharing them with us.

    Hope you have a blessed day today♥

    By Blogger Susan, At June 12, 2008 at 6:58 AM  

  • Love the Word. And loved finding your post on this Thankful Thursday.

    See you later this afternoon.. With our girls all dolled up and danced up.

    By Blogger Tea with Tiffany, At June 12, 2008 at 8:56 AM  

  • Bless you Beth for illuminating such wonderful scriptures that you call "life preservers"...they are GREAT ONES...I share some of those also! But my favorite of them is from 2 Cor. 12:9...GRACE!

    I so enjoyed the Message version of Romans 5:2. I have been reading
    more from The Message lately.

    Thank you for sharing and the awesome Quote of Chesterton to ponder! I am humbled & grateful for your visit and comment at my blog.If you get a chance go to Father's Love Letter site and enjoy the video presentations
    and other resources of HIS LOVE
    for you...enjoy your weekend!

    By Blogger Peggy, At June 12, 2008 at 10:45 AM  

  • Hi Beth,
    I love the verse about being made strong out of weakness. SWEET GRACE huh?
    I keep wanting to REACH MY HAND OUT... to thee other hand on my screen at your site. :)
    THERE... I JUST DID IT!...
    WAY COOL!
    Imagine if everybody does that...
    (yeah I know, we will all need to clean our monitors. heehee)
    In unity,
    lea
    <*)))><

    By Blogger Leaon Mary, At June 12, 2008 at 12:50 PM  

  • Thanks for sharing God's words. They really are my source comfort, strength, hope, love, peace...thanks for sharing. I love 2 Cor 12:9!

    www.makimeji.com

    By Blogger ZAM, At June 12, 2008 at 4:22 PM  

  • I love those verses! They are so beautiful and have spoken to me at various points in my life. Thank you!

    sharon,
    http://thereservoir.wordpress.com/

    By Blogger Sharon, At June 12, 2008 at 4:51 PM  

  • These verses are such wonderful verses. I especially love Ps 51:6.

    Thank you Beth, many blessings...

    By Blogger sharon brobst, At June 12, 2008 at 5:14 PM  

  • Thanks for stopping by my blog. I enjoyed your verses, too. I happy to meet you...I had a baby last year (not 35 yet...but definitely agree that he changed everything) I might have to check out your book. I would "love" to actually write a book...I am a writer inside but never had the courage to pursue it for a living. I might have to hang out around your blogs a little bit...I find it so exciting to read about other people who love "words" and "The Word"

    By Blogger Amanda, At June 12, 2008 at 7:41 PM  

  • Beth,

    Some great scriptures.

    Blessings!

    Cheryl

    By Blogger Addicted to Beadz, At June 12, 2008 at 9:38 PM  

  • Don't you just love the verses He gives us? It is so unique that we all have verses that help us keep focused on Him...
    Thank you so much for sharing your grateful heart with us this week.

    Be blessed today and always.

    By Blogger eph2810, At June 13, 2008 at 11:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home