The Accidental Pharisee

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Thankful Thursday # 4


Every day may not be good, but there's something good in every day.
— Anonymous


As I read other bloggers' reasons to be thankful, I think, "Oh, yeah! Me too! I should have said I was thankful for (fill in the blank.)" Now obviously, I don't mean I'm thankful for the specifics in other people's lives--but the "Big Beats"--that's where gratitude often intersects in the lives of believers.
Today I am thankful for:
  • the cool Colorado breeze wafting through the windows. It's so pleasant to wake up to--and I know that within a few hours, it will be displaced by 80 degree weather

  • running with my husband--and the amazing fact that I'm running faster. Not fast, mind you. Just faster than I have been. And I'm running 5 minute intervals, which is quite a jump from my 2-3 minute intervals. I feel like a runner. (I don't know what I look like to all those people in the cars driving past me, but I haven't heard anybody laughing.)

  • my writers group--all three of us. We had a wonderful session yesterday of encouragement and editing--and a time when all 3 of us were editing my article out loud at the same time and I scrambled to keep up marking changes and deletions. It was a beautiful moment to see all of us using our talents.

  • the late-night laughter my husband and I shared with our two oldest daughters. We gathered around my computer (How odd is that!?) and watched some hilarious YouTube clips. And laughed and laughed and laughed. Sure, Rob and I had work to do . . . but the time was better spent with our daughters.

  • a bit more breathing space, now that my caboose kiddo's recital is over and her swim classes are finished and the magazine I edit has gone to print. A few less things to do these days before the next round of busyness.

  • the simplicity of my relationship with God right now. I know I could take a wrong turn and start complicating things again--it tends to be what we Accidental Pharisees do. But, for now, God and I are in a good place. I savor the lack of guilt that is tainting my interaction with God.

Thank you to Iris for encouraging me--and so many others--to take time to be thankful.

Labels:

13 Comments:

  • Beth,

    Great list. I agree when I read other bloggers list I think "oh yeah, me too." And then sometimes I also think, like you said today about your relationship with God and complicating things at times and my heart dropped and I thought, "oh yeah, I've done that, too." But, at least we can see what we do and make things right and move on.

    Thanks for sharing and happy TT!
    Cheryl

    By Blogger Addicted to Beadz, At June 19, 2008 at 8:41 AM  

  • Hi Beth,
    Glad yall had giggles together last night. I've never actually thanked God for my laughter and it is definitely one of the pleasures of this life.
    Be blessed today,
    Lea
    <*)))><

    By Blogger Leaon Mary, At June 19, 2008 at 10:16 AM  

  • Yes, I echo your thanks as well. Fresh air, breathing room (ok, well, that won't come for a few more days, but I'm thankful in advance) and a pure relationship with the Lover of my soul. Beth, I haven't forgotten you, just been busy with life, I guess. :)

    By Blogger Heather , At June 19, 2008 at 1:32 PM  

  • Oh My Goodness I love your blog!! How neat! You have a wonderful thankful list and a sweet heart to go with it. Thanks for sharing your thankfulness with us! God Bless~

    By Blogger Cheryl, At June 19, 2008 at 4:46 PM  

  • Such lovely blessings.

    By Blogger Denise, At June 19, 2008 at 5:20 PM  

  • Wow! I just love you list - shared laughter, moments with he family and your spouse, weather, some space...I feel good reading your list and I will have to say: Oh yeah! :-)

    By Blogger ZAM, At June 19, 2008 at 6:31 PM  

  • How great to share a few moments of laughter with your daughters - worth putting off what over for the memory with them.

    Thank you for being such an encouragement....

    By Blogger sharon brobst, At June 19, 2008 at 7:13 PM  

  • Enjoyed our time together as writers. What fun!

    Loved your list, by far my favorite this week is the simpicity of your relationship with God. What freedom!

    Look forward to living in the freedom alongside you.

    I'll miss you next week. Think of me on the beach..

    :)

    Love you,

    Tiffany

    By Blogger Tea with Tiffany, At June 19, 2008 at 9:48 PM  

  • Late-night laughter - I love spontaneous times like that! It's been quite some time since I've had a good laugh. It's time for that to change!

    Thanks for visiting my blog and I hope you'll come back soon.
    ~ Leanne

    By Blogger The Olson's:, At June 19, 2008 at 9:48 PM  

  • Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving some encouragment. What a great list to be thankful for you have!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At June 20, 2008 at 7:43 AM  

  • Oh Beth!!! Me Too!! Me Too!!!

    By Blogger Technonana, At June 20, 2008 at 7:49 AM  

  • Thank you Beth! Praise God for what your first quote says...and we must search for that good and be thankful! I agree about looking at what other bloggers say THANKS for and saying...me, too...like your simply aMazing list...which I would be thankful for also...especially the COOL Colorado breeze...what blessings you have...and I love it that you ended as not being an Accidental Pharisee... Be blessed as you bless us for your gift of writing!

    Thank you for the encouraging words for me at my post!

    By Blogger Peggy, At June 20, 2008 at 11:13 AM  

  • I absolutely love the title of your blog. Very eye opening! Ahh... youtube. My oldest son (15) seems to be able to find the funniest clips on there.
    Thanks for sharing and have a blessed weekend in Christ Jesus.
    Stacy

    By Blogger southmsmomof4, At June 21, 2008 at 7:15 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home