The Accidental Pharisee

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Thankful Thursday # 8




With thanks to Iris over at Sting My Heart, for a chance to practice "random acts of thankfulness" on this Thankful Thursday!

I've many little things to be thankful for this week--and one huge reason!

I'm focusing on the huge reason: my husband, Rob. We celebrated his birthday yesterday--and will celebrate again on Saturday when we meet up with our son and "daughter-in-love" for a day at WaterWorld. Our family believes there's no reason to limit birthday fun to one day!

I am eternally thankful for my husband because:
  1. He told me how important his faith was to him--and challenged me about what I believed. All of this on our second date! Because of him, I became a believer--and we now have four children walking out their own faith journeys. Rob began the legacy of faith for our family.



  2. He loves me just as I am--and it ain't always pretty. Living with a woman who has abuse in her background is a challenge for the most patient of men, which my husband is. He has loved me as Christ loves the church, sacrificing his needs for mine.



  3. He makes me laugh harder and longer than anyone I know. Sometimes it's with just the right punch line--sometimes its just that certain look.



  4. He dances with me in our kitchen--and with our daughters too.



  5. He's always been willing to say "I'm sorry" first--even if I should have been the one to step up and admit to being wrong.



  6. He supports my dreams.



  7. He holds me when I cry.



  8. He is man enough to watch a chick flick with me--and has taught me how to enjoy a good action movie every now and again.



  9. He knows how to fix things and he knows how to ask for directions when he gets lost.

  1. He is a man of deep faith, and God has used him to show me what unconditional love looks like.








Labels:

14 Comments:

  • Thank God for blessing you with such a loving and God fearing man! This is a lovely tribute to him. May God's richest blessings continue to be with you and family. Thanks for sharing your thankful heart with us!

    By Blogger Nancie, At July 24, 2008 at 12:01 AM  

  • May God continue to shine brightly on your marriage sweetie.

    By Blogger Denise, At July 24, 2008 at 12:10 AM  

  • What a great tribute to a wonderful partner and spouse! May you have many more dance and laughter filled years together, and a great time at Water World!

    By Blogger Ann, At July 24, 2008 at 5:35 AM  

  • That's an incredible list. A legacy of faith is much to be thankful for. Happy birthday to your sweet hubby. I agree, I like birthday weeks, a day just isn't enough. Blessings to you dear sister-in-the-Lord!

    By Blogger Kristi, At July 24, 2008 at 7:03 AM  

  • Great post! Your husband sounds like a wonderful man of God. May you continue to be blessed in your marriage. Happy Thankful Thursday!

    By Blogger Laurie Ann, At July 24, 2008 at 10:16 AM  

  • Wonderful post Beth! I totally understand the blessing of God giving us husbands who are patient and who show unconditional love. You are so right, I believe it takes a very special man to love and walk along side a woman with abuse in her background. In God's GOODNESS and GRACE He gave you and I both such a gift!!

    By Blogger sharon brobst, At July 24, 2008 at 12:22 PM  

  • Great post for your husband! Thanks for sharing...Happy belated birthday to your man!

    Blessings,
    Darlene

    By Blogger Darlene, At July 24, 2008 at 1:01 PM  

  • Great post for your husband! Thanks for sharing...Happy belated birthday to your man!

    Blessings,
    Darlene

    By Blogger Darlene, At July 24, 2008 at 1:01 PM  

  • Hi Beth
    YALL ARE SOOOOO CUTE! OHMIGOSH PRAISE GOD FOR SWEET LOVE!
    HALLELUJAH
    AND HAPPY Birthday Mr.Robb-
    Keep dancing you two....
    ;)
    Lea
    <*)))><
    ps. This is the sweetest thing I have read in a while. How POSITIVELY REFRESHING!

    By Blogger Leaon Mary, At July 24, 2008 at 5:13 PM  

  • That is really sweet! :)

    By Blogger Aisha, At July 24, 2008 at 5:15 PM  

  • Beth,

    Thanks for sharing your heart. Have fun celebrating!

    Cheryl

    By Blogger Addicted to Beadz, At July 24, 2008 at 9:53 PM  

  • Hi Beth,
    Me again Marguerite. Don't ask me why I'm back so soon... but probably has something to do with that whole PHARISEE thing? LOL I can't get it out of my mind. Mostly because I know I am a Pharisee, and I am praying through and asking God to help me in this area. I realize too that I WAS getting very hung up on the law. Long story...I've had baggage, I have left at thee alter; trust me. Anyhow...
    The whole St Francis thing caught me too. I was raised Catholic; sort of? WHEN we went to church that is. I love that he said, "It is to those who have the most need of us that we ought to show our love more especially." -- I even have a statue of him at the Shabby Olde Potting shed. ;) Mostly in memory of my Grammy who was a devout Catholic. She loved him, and when I saw him at WALMART, I brought him home to live at the shed. LOL
    Anyhow, I look forward to reading more from thee Accidental Pharisee.
    Merry CHRISTmas! ;)
    Lea

    By Blogger Leaon Mary, At July 25, 2008 at 12:08 PM  

  • oh this was a wonderful post about your hubby. Thanks for sharing and I hope you have fun celebrating at waterworld.

    blessings

    By Blogger Tammy, At July 25, 2008 at 3:57 PM  

  • what a wonderful tribute to your husband. sounds like he's a keeper! (we don't limit celebrations to just one day either!)

    By Blogger gail, At July 28, 2008 at 3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home