The Accidental Pharisee

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Thankful Thursday # 15


It's late and I'm exhausted.
And, to be honest, I thought about skipping Thankful Thursday this week. I just don't have the time to post a blog entry this week. My To Do list is taunting me and my eyes are begging to close--and I still have to climb the stairs to my bedroom ...
But I've learned the value of being grateful. Sometimes taking the time--making the time to say thank you to God makes all the difference between a good day and a bad day.
The last few weeks have been rough. I've battled discouragement. Doubt. Migraines. Work overload. Intense sadness at having to say goodbye to my daughter, Amy, who left for a 9 month mission trip this past Monday.
Even in the midst of all that, I have reason--REASONS--to be thankful. And all of those reasons have names.
This week I am thankful for:
  • Rob, my husband, who lives with me in an understanding, servant-hearted way
  • and for my friends (in no particular order): Gloria, Tiffany, Scoti, Jeanne, Kristin, Margo, Fran, Barbara --You've all prayed for me, listened to me, comforted me, and pointed me back to God when my faith has wobbled. You've fulfilled the exhortation of Galatians 6:2: Bear one another's burdens. Because of your friendships, my burden has been lighter.


Ecclesiastes 4:9, 10, 12: Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed. 10 If one person falls, the other can reach out and help. But someone who falls alone is in real trouble. 12 A person standing alone can be attacked and defeated, but two can stand back-to-back and conquer. Three are even better, for a triple-braided cord is not easily broken.

With thanks to Iris at Sting My Heart for encouraging us to be thankful. And with many, many thanks to all the women in the TT community whose grateful hearts inspire me!

Labels:

16 Comments:

  • I can relate to that. There were the times when I did think of skipping TT post especially when I'm tired and pressed for time. But I agree with you that it makes a lot of difference with each and every post!

    Remain blessed!

    By Blogger i, At September 11, 2008 at 1:07 AM  

  • Keeping you, and your dear daughter in my prayers.

    By Blogger Denise, At September 11, 2008 at 1:11 AM  

  • i have those times too, like this morning, but i know i have things to thank God for.

    God bless you, beth.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At September 11, 2008 at 1:41 AM  

  • May the God of peace, hope and love - comfort you as you endure the time you are away from your daughter. May His grace sustain you and keep you!

    In His amazing grace,
    Jill

    By Blogger Unknown, At September 11, 2008 at 5:29 AM  

  • You are reading my "mail." You wrote: "The last few weeks have been rough. I've battled discouragement. Doubt. Migraines. Work overload."

    I committed to blog daily for one year. I have had to dig into my soul to come up with meaningful words some days. Lately "stuff" has crowded my mind.

    But your post today was touching and I could so relate to all you wrote. Wonder if our best writing comes with the most struggle.

    Keep writing; I need to read your thoughts. I thank God you are on the web.

    By Blogger Kay Martin, At September 11, 2008 at 5:51 AM  

  • Beth,

    Thank you for taking the time to post. Giving thanks in the midst of things can somehow fill us back up...may it do so to you!

    God bless you, sweetie.

    By Blogger Debra Kaye, At September 11, 2008 at 8:44 AM  

  • Hi Beth,
    May you feel refreshed and renewed today. I pray God fills your day with complete joy, peace, love; a spring in your step, and song in your heart.
    Blessings my friend,
    Lea

    By Blogger Leaon Mary, At September 11, 2008 at 8:52 AM  

  • Praying you through. You are not alone.

    LOVE YOU

    By Blogger Tea with Tiffany, At September 11, 2008 at 10:06 AM  

  • I am so thankful you took the time to write out your Thankful Thursday post... I know it makes such a difference for me when I do so regardless of everything else going on.

    I'll be praying for you.

    By Blogger Melanie, At September 11, 2008 at 12:41 PM  

  • Hey Beth,

    I'm so sorry you've had such a difficult week. I get those headaches too, I KNOW it's no fun...

    My heart goes out to you as you are missing your daughter. You are so BLESSED she has such a tender heart for the Lord.

    God's hand of protection is on her life. Oh, what a testimony she will have to share one day.

    I'll keep you in prayer Beth.

    So blessed you decided to give thanks, "in all things"...

    By Blogger Susan, At September 11, 2008 at 5:30 PM  

  • I'm so glad you decided to join Thankful thursday! I hope you slept well and had a great day!

    By Blogger A Stone Gatherer, At September 11, 2008 at 5:48 PM  

  • I'm glad you decided to post, Beth. I've been praying for you and Amy.

    Thank you for praying for my son, Adam. He really surprised me today! He sent me an email about 9/11. I ended up posting it as part of my TT post today because I'm so thankful that he's reading and acknowledging God. I'm truly more hopeful today.

    Have a blessed weekend. I'll continue to pray.

    By Blogger Marsha, At September 11, 2008 at 7:43 PM  

  • Hey Beth,
    Just wanted to say hi,
    and God bless you today!
    Much love
    from the potting shed

    By Blogger Leaon Mary, At September 12, 2008 at 8:12 AM  

  • glad you persevered and wrote out your reasons to be thankful.

    By Blogger gail, At September 12, 2008 at 10:38 AM  

  • ffff

    By Blogger WiseGuy, At September 16, 2008 at 2:02 PM  

  • I'm sorry it has taken me so long to visit you over here, Beth. I so relate to your list of discouragements on many levels and pray that God has been the lifter of your head - turning discouragement and sadness into rejoicing. (((Hugs)))

    By Blogger Patricia, At September 16, 2008 at 6:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home