The Accidental Pharisee

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Thankful Thursday #11--Back from vacation!






I've so much to be thankful for this week--and it's all about last week when my husband Rob and I had 7 whole days together in Mexico on the Riviera Maya. What more can I say? Uninterrupted time to walk along the beach and hold hands and talk and relax and just be with my best friend . . .

The photos are just glimpses at some of our special moments--the Gulf of Mexico, a sunrise, Rob and I getting ready to tandem parasail--and, yes! that's us up in the air under that parachute!

I am so, so thankful for our older kiddos who kept up with our 7 year old so that we didn't have to worry about her while we enjoyed ourselves. One of my favorite moments was the day before Rob and I left. My daughter, Amy, and I were making a Starbucks run and she looked at me and said, "I'm so glad you and Dad still like each other--and that you want to spend a whole week together!"

Me too!

I also came back to find out I'd received a couple blogging awards from Nancie and Sharon B: the Friendship Award and the Share the Love award. They both blessed me so much!

Thanks to Iris at Sting My Heart for encouraging so many of us to be thankful--for creating a place on the Internet where our lives intersect in gratitude!

Labels:

11 Comments:

  • Welcome back! Beth...I thought maybe you were here in Mazatlan when you had the parasailing.
    Did you do that? After 12 years of watching and seeing that, I still have not! I'm glad that you enjoyed your time away! Refreshed!

    I came bearing the same awards that you mentioned from Nancie and
    SharonB. I gave Sharing the Love to ALL on August 1st...and Nancie just pased on the FRIENDSHIP one so I was coming to bless you also!
    Thank you for the encouragement you share with me! It is a joy and honor to call you Friend! Sharing
    still with you LOVE & Friendship!

    My message was:Stop by and visit with me soon... there will be something special waiting for you. It's in Tuesday the 12th of August post!

    God bless You!I can see HE is...!

    By Blogger Peggy, At August 13, 2008 at 11:02 PM  

  • The pictures say it all!

    By Blogger on the Rock, At August 13, 2008 at 11:27 PM  

  • Welcome home sweetie, such nice pictures. So glad you enjoyed yourself.

    By Blogger Denise, At August 13, 2008 at 11:39 PM  

  • Welcome back, Beth! Thanks for sharing those beautiful photo with us. God's creations are really beautiful. So glad you are able to spend such wonderful time with your husband. Such precious time. Thanks for sharing your thankful heart and friendship with us. You surely deserved these awards! Take care and God bless!

    By Blogger Nancie, At August 14, 2008 at 12:34 AM  

  • That is much to be thankful for! The pictures are gorgeous and you both look so happy. Blessings to you!

    By Blogger Kristi, At August 14, 2008 at 7:36 AM  

  • Thanks for the sweet turtle from your trip(he's on my fridge) and for posting pics for us to enjoy!

    Beyond grateful for your time away. Looks heavenly.

    And your daughter said it right!

    By Blogger Tea with Tiffany, At August 14, 2008 at 8:44 AM  

  • You have beautiful pics from your vacation. I'm glad you enjoyed every minute of it. And I echo your daughter's comment!

    www.makimeji.com

    By Blogger Unknown, At August 14, 2008 at 1:04 PM  

  • What beautiful pictures! I'm glad you had a wonderful time away. God bless you.

    By Blogger bp, At August 14, 2008 at 3:30 PM  

  • Looks like a great trip! I think it's great too that after years of marriage we can still think our spouse rocks our world! Oh how I long to be away with my hubby for a weekend!

    By Blogger A Stone Gatherer, At August 14, 2008 at 7:14 PM  

  • Beth,

    I'm glad you had time away! What a great place to go. I've parasailed once. It was so fun.

    Thanks for sharing!
    Cheryl

    By Blogger Addicted to Beadz, At August 14, 2008 at 10:56 PM  

  • Hey Beth,
    whooHoOoo up up and awaYyyYyy!
    Welcome back Kotter!
    L

    By Blogger Leaon Mary, At August 15, 2008 at 11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home