The Accidental Pharisee

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Thankful Thursday # 16



Thank you, Iris at Sting My Heart for rallying woman all around the world to be thankful on Thursdays. I find the choice to be thankful on this one particular day overflows into the other six days of the week.

Those of you who read my post last week know that I was worn out and struggling to be thankful. A great big Thank you, Thank you, Thank you for all of the encouraging words posted on my blog and for the prayers that were prayed for me. To be honest, the battle with weariness and discouragement didn't disappear until early this week. But, reading the other TT posts and your messages to me kept me in a continual spirit of thankfulness, in spite of the pressure I faced.

So, what am I thankful for today? So many, many things:


  • Each one of you Thankful Thursday friends who posted an encouraging word and/or prayer for me last week. You were my spiritual "ground support."

  • That we got not 1 but 2 phone calls from my daughter, Amy, on Sunday! I was a happy mom!! Amy is now in Nicaragua and beginning her adventure with her team. I know she is in the center of God's will for her life. (And, yes, I miss her!)

  • My iPod and my praise and worship music--and the chance to fall asleep listening to songs that lighten my spirit and redirect my anxious thoughts and remind me that God is faithful.

  • That I've experienced breakthrough with the oppression and discouragement I've battled the last month. My feet are back on firm ground--thank God!

  • For my husband Rob, because he loves me during good times and bad, good moods and bad, and is truly my best and most faithful friend.

  • For fun family walks with Rob and our two daughters and our two dogs. Ah, stress relief.

  • For the chance to sit in my den in my rocking chair--the one I rocked all my babies in--and read God's word and have my spirit be refreshed. To have God speak specifically to the needs of my life through his word--amazing.

  • For "Wise Guy"--my trusted counselor. (You can read about him in other Accidental Pharisee posts.) And for his unwavering belief that I am a person of worth.

  • For this specific Scripture passage: The LORD'S lovingkindnesses indeed never cease, For His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness. Lamentations 3:22-23

Labels:

13 Comments:

  • What a lovely thankful list! Glad you are able to rejuvenate after a tiring week. Hope your daughter is having a blessed time in Nicaragua.

    Have a blessed day!

    By Blogger i, At September 17, 2008 at 11:00 PM  

  • That is a beautiful picture, and a beautiful post from a beautiful heart! I'm thankful for His deliverance. I LOVE my ipod too. Have you tried the shuffle mode? It is so much fun. Blessings to you!

    By Blogger Kristi, At September 18, 2008 at 5:35 AM  

  • So glad the breakthroughs are coming! God is faithful!

    By Blogger Unknown, At September 18, 2008 at 7:40 AM  

  • Beth,

    What a beautiful thankful heart you have! Thank you for sharing it with us on this TT post!

    Blessings to you today!

    By Blogger Debra Kaye, At September 18, 2008 at 7:51 AM  

  • Hi Beth!
    I love reading your TT posts!
    I'm gonna keep praying for you daughter! I know you miss her.
    Hey, TAG you're it!
    Come by the shed later if you have time okay?
    Have a beautiful day!
    Lea

    By Blogger Leaon Mary, At September 18, 2008 at 8:02 AM  

  • My belief remains though it is my blessing to enjoy your personal worth first hand.

    After lo these many years, you are still a delight even when your mascara runs for no apparent reason (since you have yet to cry in my presence)!

    By Blogger WiseGuy, At September 18, 2008 at 8:23 AM  

  • Note to self: Buy a better brand of mascara.
    ;o)

    By Blogger Beth K. Vogt, At September 18, 2008 at 8:53 AM  

  • Hi Beth,

    I'm so glad you heard from Amy. I know that has helped to set your mind at peace.

    Continue to pray for you.

    Please pray for my son. He's having a very difficult day today.
    I haven't posted anything about it, details are just coming in.

    By Blogger Marsha, At September 18, 2008 at 9:47 AM  

  • What a beautiful post and beautiful picture. I'm glad God has lifted the fog and you're back on terra firma! Praise God for that, and for you...

    By Blogger Laurie Ann, At September 18, 2008 at 10:25 AM  

  • I'm glad that this week is much better than last week for you. Praise God for He is good!

    By Blogger Front Porch Legacy, At September 18, 2008 at 1:41 PM  

  • Thank God for ministering to you! I am so glad you are feeling better. This is such a beautiful thankful post and the picture is lovely. It is a great comfort that God's lovingkindness and compassion never fails! I am remembering you in prayers. May God continue to strengthen you, bless and guide you, and provide for your every need as you look to Him. Thank God for blessing you with a loving husband. Thanks for sharing with us. Do take care and God bless you!

    By Blogger Nancie, At September 18, 2008 at 5:16 PM  

  • Thankful your breakthrough this week! Love you!

    By Blogger Tea with Tiffany, At September 18, 2008 at 6:43 PM  

  • I'm glad you're feeling better this week than last. it really is an amazing thing to be surrounded with people who keep our spirits up. May God bless you always.

    www.makimeji.com

    By Blogger ZAM, At September 19, 2008 at 4:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home